The registration form is where you get to decide what kind of information you’ll be collecting from your attendees.
You're first asked to build your registration form when creating a new event, but you can edit your form any time after that.
To edit the registration form for your event, after logging in find the event whose registration form you want to edit and click "Edit" to the right of it. Click the blue "Form Fields" text at the top to go to the form builder, which you can see below.
An attendee’s First Name, Last Name, and Email Address are required, but after that you can include as many or as few fields as you want:
- Text Field : A small text box to accept short, one-line answers
- Text Area : A larger paragraph-size text box to accept longer, more detailed responses
- Date : This field will make sure that people enter a date in the format mm/dd/yyyy
- Image : Allows you to insert an image from the Internet (like from Google Images) into your registration form
- Dropdown : When clicked, will expand downwards to show various options to select.
- Checkboxes : When you want an attendee to select all the options that apply to them
- Radio Buttons : When you want an attendee to choose only 1 of several options
- Divider : Adds a horizontal line to your form, which is useful for breaking up your form into different sections if it's getting too long
- Free Form Text : This is for adding descriptive text to your form, like comments or instructions on how to fill out certain form fields
- HTML : If you know HTML, this is a great way to add things like hyperlinks and stylized text to your form
- File : This will allow registrants to upload files from their computer and submit them to you through your event page
- Pre-Configured Fields : Here you'll find different types of custom fields you can use, based on the type of event you're planning. For example, if it's a sports camp, you'll be able to add custom fields for an athlete's position, shirt size, etc.
In the image above, you can see that the form builder is separated into two columns. The right column is the "Form Preview" which is what the form will look like to your registrants, and the left column is the "Form Editor", where you can change things like a form field's label, whether it's required or not, etc.
When you click one of the form field category buttons at the top, it will be added to the bottom of your "Form Preview" and highlighted in red.
When you click any of your form fields on the right (under "Form Preview"), you'll be able to see the edit options on the left (under "Form Editor").
- Label : This is simply the name of the field. For example, if I added a "Date" form field, I might want to change its label to "Date of Birth".
- Required? : All form fields are optional by default (except for Name and Email), and registrants can skip optional form fields when they're registering. Select the "Required?" checkbox to make a question mandatory.
- Admin Only? : Selecting this checkbox makes the field a "hidden" field that only you, the organizer, can see. Admin Only fields are useful for taking notes on your attendees. For a more detailed guide on how Admin Only fields work, click here.
- Validator : There are two types of validators - Email and Phone Number. For example, adding a Phone Number validator will ensure that people can only enter valid phone numbers that are 10 digits long and only contain numbers, no letters. An Email validator will ensure that people enter a valid email address in the form "[email protected]_____.com".
Once you're done building your form, make sure to click the green "Save" button in the bottom right corner of the page to save your changes.